It should come as no surprise that with Thanksgiving comes a blog post about what I'm thankful for. So here goes:
- First and foremost, I'm thankful that my entire family is still alive and kickin'. Sometimes I find myself comparing my family to my friends' families, especially around the holidays. But they're different and they're mine and I love them all to pieces.
- I'm thankful that I was able to travel around Europe for three weeks pretty much completely paid for. Some people never get to leave the country and I got to explore three new countries in such a short amount of time. It was such an incredible experience and I can't wait to go back!
- I'm thankful to have landed an internship with the Tampa Bay Business Journal back in January, because I was able to get a full-time position with them this past October. I know countless people who graduated with me that have the hardest time finding a job. I may tell you differently on a Monday morning, but I'm so happy to be starting my career.
- I'm thankful that I was able to move back home, rent free, to save money until I get on my two feet. I'm also thankful that I had scholarships/my parents to help me through school so I wouldn't have a bazillion dollars worth of loans to pay off straight out of college.
- I'm thankful for my group of best friends. I'm so lucky that I don't just have a couple true friends…I have almost ten! Whether I needed a drink or ten, a shoulder to cry on or a backup singer to jam with in the car, I have never felt alone. Ever. Not once. That's an incredible feeling.
I realize the majority of these were pretty generic, but hey, I'm thankful for the small things, too. Like the extra kick the basil from my new basil plant gave my pizza the other day. Or when the barista at Starbucks forgets to charge me for soy milk AND an extra shot of espresso. I'm a sucker for the little things in life.
Now. BRING AWWWWWNNNN THE TURKEY!!!!