I'm so happy it's Wednesday because today is technically my Thursday! Ryan and I are leaving for Cape Coral/Naples Beach tomorrow night after work, and we both took Friday off so we have ourselves a three day wedding weekend on the beach. Even though I grew up on the beach and I've lived close to the beach my whole life, there's nothing I love more than a beach vacation. Sun, sand, and sangria is really all I need to be a happy camper. These are some of my go-to items for a couple o' days away under dee sun.
- Essie nail polish in Tart Deco - I'm kind of a nail polish addict, but this is my favorite so far. I'd describe it as a neon coral, but it's a little more orange than pink. It looks great on tan toes, so it's definitely a spring/summer color.
- Eos lip balm in Summerfruit - I wasn't a huge fan of these when they first came out. I tried the strawberry flavor and I just thought it made my lips feel waxy and gross. Then I tried my friend's summerfruit flavor and my opinion completely changed! My lips get sunburnt realllllly easily, and chapped lips are my biggest pet peeve, so I plan on keeping this bad boy handy at all times. At. All. Times.
- Almay color + care liquid lip balm in Apricot Pucker - Because who doesn't love a little lip color to go with a fresh tan? Or in my case a sunburn. But really, this liquid lip balm goes on so smoothly and the color is really fresh and pretty.
- Covergirl CG Smoothers BB Cream - Did I mention I sunburn easily? Make up and moisturizers without SPF is not an option for me, especially since I'm pretty much guaranteed skin cancer (thanks for those genes, mom and dad). I've tried several different BB creams, but I always come back to this one. If I'm having a good skin day, I can wear it by itself since it's tinted, but I usually layer it underneath my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation. It adds a little bit of a dewy glow, but if that's not your thing, just keep some oil absorbing sheets on hand and you'll be good to go.
- Ray Ban polarized aviators - a little pricey, but these guys are my go-to beach glasses. First of all, they look great in photos. I know that sounds weird, but I have some sunglasses that I just don't like on my face in pictures. I'm a fruit loop. Anyway, when buying designer sunglasses, I always say "go big or go home" - GET POLARIZED. It makes such a difference, especially on the beach.
- PINK Body Spray - I actually don't have this one in particular, but the one I do have wasn't listed on Polyvore. If there's one thing I love more than going to the beach, it's smelling like the beach (or at least smelling good, period). Any kind of scent with a hint of coconut, sign me up!
Topshop lip treatment
$12 - topshop.com
$12 - topshop.com
Almay lip treatment
Victoria s Secret beauty product
Ray Ban ray ban aviator
COVERGIRL tinted moisturizer
essie nail color, tart deco