As 2014 comes to a close at midnight tonight, I'm looking back at my "resolutions and goals" from the beginning of last year and...well...cringing. How hard is it to read just one book a month?! Why can't I just push myself and finally get the bangin' bod I've always wanted? (Oh wait...margaritas). Here's a look at what I set out to accomplish, and how things actually ended up:
New Years Resolutions
- Bring lunch to work at least three times per week (event depending). This worked...for awhile. Until it didn't. Now it's turned into eating out three times per week. Whoops.
- Instead of impulsively buying lots of small things, spend your money on quality things that you’ve wanted for a long time, or on things that will last for a long time. I've been better about admitting to myself when I'm buying something out of impulse versus something I actually need.
- Go to zumba and yoga at least three weeks out of the month. This was a lot easier to do when I still lived at home, as I love my zumba instructor so much that I still travel across the bridge just to take her class. Yoga is definitely something I slacked off on.
- Take everyone’s opinions into account and consideration, but make your own decisions based on what you feel will be best for you. Done and done.
- Eat well 80% of the time and eat whatever the hell you want 20% of the time. Remember: one “bad” meal won’t make you fat, just like one “good” meal won’t make you skinny. Um, weeeellllll some times were better than others. But for the most part, I can definitely feel a difference when I'm eating more bad foods than good foods, so I tried to stay on top of that as much as I could.
- Read one book for pleasure per month. This, unfortunately, did not happen.
- Even when you don’t have plans, get dressed and ready for the day. Lazy bum days are totally allowed, but most days you should get up and make yourself pretty. Check!
- Don’t waste time, but enjoy the time you waste. I assume this is a check. We'll go with it.
- Learn to laugh at quirks and accept flaws. No one is perfect. I'm just one giant quirk, let's get real.
New Years Goals
- Go one entire month without consuming any chocolate or coffee and see what it does for your skin (I'm allergic to cocoa beans...lucky me!) This happened! And my skin looked great. Too bad I can't resist chocolate. Ugh.
- Sell three portals by the end of the year (it's a work thaaang). Erm, no, only sold one. My bad.
- Do 20 minutes of ab work four times per week and have a flatter stomach by cruise time in April! LOLZ.
- Complete at least 30 minutes of cardio three times per week or more. Most weeks I did actually do this.
- Make one Pinterest meal and one Pinterest dessert per month. This was more sporadic - not so much once a month. But it definitely happened!
- Travel to five places you’ve never been before. Savannah, Georgia/Long Island, New York....ummmm, maybe I'd never been to Naples or Siesta Key? But I've lived in Florida my whole life, I could be wrong.
As you can see, a lot of this did not go according to plan. So frustrating! Ugh. But I understand everyone's journey is different and life is just that: a journey, never a sole destination. Thus, I will create New Years goals once again, and maybe I'll forget about them come February. But maybe I'll stick with it...just maybe ;)
Happy New Year! XOXO