It's been a rough week. It's been a rough couple of weeks, actually. It just feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me quite a bit lately - from missing my target GRE score by 0.5 points (more on that eventually), dropping my phone in a puddle, getting written up for being late to work, or getting a flat tire - the hits just keep on comin'. Understandably so, it's been really easy for me to settle into a negative mindset and stay there.
But no more, I tell you! No more. July has been a rough month, yes. But focusing on the negative aspects certainly hasn't been making me any happier. Thus, I vow to spend August spinning the negatives into positives.
- Negative: I missed my target GRE writing score by 0.5 points (WRITING?! REALLY?!) so I have to take it again.
- Positive: I have the opportunity to up my verbal and quantitative scores to make my grad school applications even more competitive.
- Negative: I dropped my phone in a puddle.
- Positive: IT STILL WORKS.
- Negative: I was late to work, and then written up for it.
- Positive: I'm rarely ever late to work, and at least I have a job to be late for.
- Negative: I got a flat tire and had to drop emergency money on a new one.
- Positive: My other three tires were not flat.
Right? Not so hard, I guess. It's times like these that I need to remember all the good stuff I have coming up, like Key West next weekend, moving in with Ryan, and starting school. YAAAAS. Positives. Here's hoping August is a more successful month for me.
And, side note, I just watched the series finale of Parenthood and I feel like I've broken up with my second family. I miss it so much already! Any show recommendations? I'm looking for commitment, but I have too many options. First world problems.