I always get just a tad depressed the first few days after Christmas as it sinks in that the holiday season is officially over. Secret Santa's have made themselves known, Christmas cookies have made their way to my thighs, and the Christmas tree ornaments go back into a box. And the hustle and bustle of work begins again.
So to cheer myself up, I start to look forward to the plans I have for the new year. Goals to reach, places to go, etc. It didn't even occur to me how crazy of a month January is going to be:
- December 31st (okay, it's not January but whatever!) - New Years Eve! Right now the plan is to go to a nice dinner with Ryan and some of our friends, followed by either World of Beer or a small shindig at his place. As long as I get to dress up in something sparkly, I don't care where we go!
- January 1st - OFF WORK! Woooohoo! Really pumped to have a day to myself to just lounge about and perfect my New years Resolutions.
- January 4th - Debbi & Mike's wedding! Debbi was one of my first roommates in college, and she's now the first of my friends in college to get married! Ryan and I got a hotel for the night so that'll be a fun little weekend getaway.
- January 9th - January 12th - I'M CHICAGO BOUND! I'm so so so so excited to be going to Chicago to visit one of my best friends, Annalise, in one of my favorite cities. I'm gonna freeze my ass off, but it'll be worth it. I can't wait for the shenanigans that will ensue.
- January 18th - Progressive company party with Ryan in Ybor! Apparently they have great food and drinks and a ton of prizes and raffles so it should be a great time. Super pumped to meet all of his coworkers and his lunch posse :)
- January 20th - Off work again for Martin Luther King Day! Pretty sweet.
- January 25th - Gasparilla! I'm normally not too excited about this pirate-themed parade, but I'm finally over 21 (as I have been for a hot minute now) so I don't have to worry about pregaming in the wee hours of the morning. AND now that I have a big-girl job, I'll have the day off. Excited!
So even though Christmas is dunzo, I have so much to look forward to in the coming year...and this is just for January! Happy New Year everyone :)