Are we all sick and tired of hearing about New Years resolutions yet? Me either.
2016 snuck up on me. I certainly celebrated New Year's Eve, but all that aside, there was never a moment where I thought to myself, "this is it, this is my year." Maybe it's because 2015 was such a challenging yet wonderful year for me, that I didn't really feel the need to "start over" like I have in years prior.
But I'm nothing if I'm not a planner, thus I must make my 2016 goals and resolutions known:
2016 New Year's Goals
- Get into grad school - it's hard to believe that I'm almost done applying. It's been a long time coming, and I am so ready to have this weight off my shoulders!
- Complete at least two rounds of Kayla Itsine's BBG program - I started back in November, but because of the holidays I had to restart a couple weeks, so I'm only on week 5. I'm loving it so far, and having a huge Instagram community is really inspiring me to keep going!
- Start paying myself back - Going into 2015, I had a lot of money in my savings account. And then I quit my job, moved, and paid for my classes out of pocket. My plan is to set up an automatic monthly payment of $X to at least start getting myself back to where I used to be.
- Take at least 3 trips - Aside from quick trips down to Naples, Fort Myers and Orlando, I haven't taken a real "vacation" since our Chicago trip last May. I haven't really had the time (or the money), but I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. It's time for another adventure!
- Go on more adventures with Ryan (and the pups!) - We both have such busy schedules that sometimes it's easier to just lay around on the couch and catch up on our latest Netflix addiction when we finally have some down time. I want to start kayaking or paddle boarding, or trying a new cooking class or wine tasting. I want to make more memories, and start documenting them with that fancy pants Nikon I bought last year.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water per day - I suck at drinking water. I don't know what it is. I don't hate the taste of water, I just don't think about it. There are some days that go by where I don't even have one full glass of water...it's so bad!